harlard

Re: MS42 simplified maps + doubled MAF sensor range

Post by harlard »

Correct! 528i.
Renovelo
Site Admin

Post by Renovelo »

Okay, we built both the US and EU files for you since we weren't sure which you were using (either will work with any 528i). Let us know if either work for you since we currently don't have means of testing them ourselves on vehicles. They should allow a relatively stock engine to crank, idle, and drive without any issues (assuming you're still running the stock MAF).
harlard

Post by harlard »

Thank you so much!
BROY7

Post by BROY7 »

It will help a lot with turbo on board ;)
harlard

Post by harlard »

Confirmed: the US 528i file works just fine. The only detail I noticed is that the check engine MIL in the cluster no longer illuminates. Tested it on INPA and for some reason it refuses to illuminate. Could just be a coincidence.

Should have some roughed in files for an M52TUB28 in a few weeks. Changes include: Bosch 0280155831 injectors, M50 intake manifold, ZHP camshafts, port work, and headers...in case anyone is interested in such a thing.
harlard

Post by harlard »

Been driving around and doing some logging. Does the scaling cause the calculated airflow to be skewed somehow? I'm seeing between 77 and 85% injector PW out of some Bosch 30 lb units, yet the airflow is below 605kg/hr, which seems low even for a stock 2.8 block. Either I need to convert the calculated output or (and?) I'm having some serious fuel pressure and mechanical issues :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Renovelo
Site Admin

Post by Renovelo »

You’re probably correct; we did not modify the scalars for the data logging parameters. All of these parameters are managed based on DME family instead of HW variant. Therefore, you’ll have to double any MAF values which are data logged if you’re using the MAF hack.

We’ll add a note to our original post to warn customers until we can find a way to fix this.
burgje6

Post by burgje6 »

I would like to test this on my E30 fitted with an m52tub28.

We have this weird issue that all temperatures (oil coolant and inlet air) read around 90 Celsius when cold .
MS42s52b32

Post by MS42s52b32 »

hoping these will be the starting place i need to run an S52 on MS42. will be using the DISA plug for the single vanos as ive been told works, but thats about as much as i have on the subject. im thinking of starting N/A with the alpina tune but the car blew its m52tu due to boost, so obviously that's going back on once I get it running correctly on ms42.
Pontusgedahl

Post by Pontusgedahl »

Will try these out as a starting point for a turbo build.
alkinhols

Post by alkinhols »

Posting to download lets see