TSCHEIERN80

Re: MS42 simplified maps + doubled MAF sensor range

Post by TSCHEIERN80 »

Right on guys :D
Thank you very much
Brady7B

Post by Brady7B »

I'm running MS42 with HW7526753 on my 2000 z3 roadster m52tub25 supercharged with vortech V5G 444cc injectors. Can you generate this file with the simplified maps and the doubled MAF sensor for my vehicle? Any help would be great. Thanks. I'm also fitting a Audi MAF sensor.
Foreverjman

Post by Foreverjman »

But with more maps couldn't the tuning be more precise?
Renovelo
Site Admin

Post by Renovelo »

Brady7B wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:30 am I'm running MS42 with HW7526753 on my 2000 z3 roadster m52tub25 supercharged with vortech V5G 444cc injectors. Can you generate this file with the simplified maps and the doubled MAF sensor for my vehicle? Any help would be great. Thanks. I'm also fitting a Audi MAF sensor.
Since our two files at the moment are meant for the 328i and 323i, I would suggest starting with the 323i (also a 2.5L engine). You might want to copy/paste the critical parameters from your existing tune though (fuel, ignition, VANOS, etc.). Otherwise, we can apply this hack to a Z3 tune but it will be a few days before we can get to this. We have a few other small projects in progress.

If you're willing to post your supercharger tune on the forum, we can modify it when time permits.
Renovelo
Site Admin

Post by Renovelo »

Foreverjman wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:36 pm But with more maps couldn't the tuning be more precise?
Of course...at the expense of more time on the dyno. Most people don't have the patience or money to spend this much time on the dyno. And most people's butt dynos won't notice anyway. The reason this many maps existed from the factory is to cover a large range of use-cases. If someone is tuning their own vehicle, they're likely using the same quality gas every single tank and they can tune their vehicle for that specific use-case.
Brady7B

Post by Brady7B »

Renovelo wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:31 pm
Brady7B wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:30 am I'm running MS42 with HW7526753 on my 2000 z3 roadster m52tub25 supercharged with vortech V5G 444cc injectors. Can you generate this file with the simplified maps and the doubled MAF sensor for my vehicle? Any help would be great. Thanks. I'm also fitting a Audi MAF sensor.
Since our two files at the moment are meant for the 328i and 323i, I would suggest starting with the 323i (also a 2.5L engine). You might want to copy/paste the critical parameters from your existing tune though (fuel, ignition, VANOS, etc.). Otherwise, we can apply this hack to a Z3 tune but it will be a few days before we can get to this. We have a few other small projects in progress.

If you're willing to post your supercharger tune on the forum, we can modify it when time permits.
I'll post it, but try not to laugh yourselves to death. LOL. I've got it driveable but I know its way off from where it should be. I'm running 440cc/min, 42lbs/hr Siemens 6900371 injectors. Vortech V5-G supercharger on 93 octane pump gas. So far I've adjusted
Fuel tables
KF_TI_TKW1_VANOS_LL: Injection - Cold engine - Idle
KF_TI_TKW2_VANOS_LL: Injection - Warm engine - Idle
KF_TI_TKW2_VANOS_TL_BK1: Injection - Warm engine - PT (Bank 1)
KF_TI_TKW2_VANOS_TL_BK2: Injection - Warm engine - PT (Bank 2)
KF_TIB: Injection - Base
And pulled some ignition advance trying to keep it very conservitive .
right now running the stock maf pegging airflow out at 777.8 k/h
I have a bosch 0280218067 Maf that can read up to 1800 I'll be installing.

I have included a datalog file if that helps any.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brady7B

Post by Brady7B »

New tunw with expanded MAF.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Renovelo
Site Admin

Post by Renovelo »

Hey Brady7B,

Here's your tune with the doubled MAF range hack and the simplified maps hack applied to it. This was the tune you attached a couple posts above with the stock MAF curve (not the extended MAF curve). Therefore, swap back to your stock MAF if appropriate. Take note when you open the tune in ByteTuner that you'll have the simplified map pack. If you need to make any adjustments to your tune (like copying/pasting maps over to the simplified maps), do so now before flashing. Since we modified the HW variant of this tune, ByteTuner will perform a full flash. Therefore, make sure your car and laptop are on a charger if necessary. After the flash finishes, you can crank the engine and see if it idles. Afterwards, you can check drive-ability and A/F ratios.
Renovelo
Site Admin

Post by Renovelo »

P.S. Why did you scale for the injectors that way? It's a lot easier to scale for larger injectors using the 6 constants. Scaling the constants allows all of the fuel tables to stay relatively untouched (small tweaks will be necessary). Otherwise, you'll have to scale every table which controls fuel injector opening time (like you've started to do with the base fuel tables).
Brady7B

Post by Brady7B »

Renovelo wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:00 pm P.S. Why did you scale for the injectors that way? It's a lot easier to scale for larger injectors using the 6 constants. Scaling the constants allows all of the fuel tables to stay relatively untouched (small tweaks will be necessary). Otherwise, you'll have to scale every table which controls fuel injector opening time (like you've started to do with the base fuel tables).
Remember, this is my first attempt at dme-ecu tuning, and I have had no help whatsoever. I know the mechanics of engines inside and out. I know what makes them work and what blows them up.

Using Language like, " scale for larger injectors using the 6 constants.", and " Scaling the constants". Means absolutely nothing if you don't know what the *%@$ing constants are to start with. It just sounds condescending. I scaled the injectors that way because common sense dictates that if you double the size of the injectors you must half the injection time. I also know that you can get lean real quick under boost if your not careful so I tried to make sure I started rich and work from there. I know it is not correct and I have no problem saying that I don't know what the heck I'm doing yet. I have no problem putting in the time and effort required to learn this. Once I decide to learn something I will not stop until I am proficient at it or dead. So far I'm still kicking. I know more than I did yesterday and a hell of a lot more than when I started. Thank you for your help and your time. It really is appreciated.

P.S. What the hell are the 6 constants. LOL
Renovelo
Site Admin

Post by Renovelo »

You can read more details here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=159

We created the article above before we realized there were similar injector constants as in MS43. That article shows all of the tables you need to change for larger injectors. As you can see, it's much easier to just scale the injector constants instead. Scaling these constants will modify all fuel tables. If you want to scale for injectors that are twice as big, you'd put 0.5 in all 6 of these constants.
hmm

Post by hmm »

I will try it. Thank you very much !
harlard

Post by harlard »

Thank you for posting this info. It is massively helpful!

Would it be possible to get a hacked version of HW7526753 in an E39?

Harald
Renovelo
Site Admin

Post by Renovelo »

We should be able to put something together for you. Are you needing something for a 528i?