E46 330i non-ZHP neighborhood terrorist tune

OBD2 tunes that have been modified
collin.patricelli

Re: E46 330i non-ZHP neighborhood terrorist tune

Post by collin.patricelli »

Did the car crank? Or did it just ignition on, but not even crank? Could be an immobilizer or EWS issue. Maybe try syncing the ews then scanning for dtc’s. Could maybe be checksum as well. Which factory bin file did you have? US or Euro? 330i or 330xi? My tune was built off the 330i US MS43 factory bin
Santii524

Post by Santii524 »

Crank no start
collin.patricelli

That’s not an issue with the tune. I assume you did a full write to the ecu. That is a good thing to do when getting a tune from another person. Make sure you have same engine as me. M54B30. Do full write to dme with tune. Ews sync, and try starting again. Please tell how that works
Santii524

Post by Santii524 »

Ya I have a b30 has wall and no still nothing bro
collin.patricelli

What do you mean with “has wall”
Egoy936

Post by Egoy936 »

How can I get this tune?
collin.patricelli

In my first post in this thread I have the tune attached. You can download it there
Parzival

Post by Parzival »

I cant download the tune. after creating an account i still get a message saying i dont have the correct permissions to view the attached files.
collin.patricelli

You have to create a thread or add a post to an existing thread. You have bytetuner right?
Parzival

Post by Parzival »

collin.patricelli wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:03 pm You have to create a thread or add a post to an existing thread. You have bytetuner right?
hey im noticing the file is larger then the 512 file that you pull using ms4x flasher. also noticing it has a vin and isn number already populated. and that the file extension is a .dme2 instead of a .bin. should any of this be changed and do you intended for this to be flashed in boot mode?
collin.patricelli

Dude this forum is only for renovelo software tuning. You’re not gonna get anything for tuner pro here. Bytetuner uses different types of files, different tuning software and the ms4x flasher is gonna be super confused if you try and flash one of those. I know from experimentation. Use only bin files for the ms4x flasher. You must get bytetuner If you want to use this tune
stefm5

Post by stefm5 »

why i'm not allowed to download the file?

edit: i downloaded it
joshua.pitman

Post by joshua.pitman »

Any ideas on how to make this work for a 325?
Renovelo
Site Admin

Post by Renovelo »

You could compare the tuned file to the stock file using the Tune Comparison feature in ByteTuner. This will give you a list of parameters that were changed. You could then open each parameter and note the differences. You could then apply the same differences to a stock 325i file. Of course it's also important to understand why each parameter was changed and if it's safe enough to blindly copy the same differences to a 325i tune.

Note: by "applying the same differences", we don't mean copy/paste the parameter values verbatim. We mean determine how/why each parameter was modified and mimic the same type of modification to the relevant parameter in the 325i tune.
collin.patricelli

Yup, do as the devs say. The compare bins tool is very useful, though I modified a lot of parameters to have fun making all those changes :D
joshua.pitman

Post by joshua.pitman »

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into this and will post my results if they are successful.
collin.patricelli

Oh I forgot to mention you can’t copy the intake vanos values. Any values for intake vanos over 120 must be changed to 120 for your car, otherwise you run the risk of bashing valves into pistons
100percentjake

Post by 100percentjake »

Out of curiosity, what makes this tune incompatible with a ZHP? I'm trying to figure out how to use the timered DFCO function to get a quick blast of burbles on lift-off transients but at best I get an absurdly subtle grumble. I was hoping to look at your antisocial madness and see if I could get some pointers from it.
collin.patricelli

You can look at the tune. Nothing is stopping you from that. But I wouldn’t put it on your car. I say that more out of lack of knowledge than anything. ZHP engines have a different set of cams than regular m54b30s and I don’t know if using a tune for a regular m54b30 on a zhp engine will create issues or not. You can try it. I’d be curious to know if you have any problems or not.
joshua.pitman

Post by joshua.pitman »

Finally got around to making this tune work for a M54B25 so here it is. I have been testing this tune extensively on my daily and everything is very smooth. I also added in EWS delete.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.