MS45.1 E46 325i M56 SULEV

OBD2 tunes that have been modified
LightSpeed

MS45.1 E46 325i M56 SULEV

Post by LightSpeed »

My Tune.

First
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cat Delete
You can turn off the cat diagnostics by changing "Manual deactivation of cat diagnosis inhibition condition" to 1
lc_inh_cat_diag_man_deac (Manual deactivation of cat diagnosis inhibition condition)
If you want to quiet down the cold startup cycle you can disable the cat heating function by zero'ing out the values in:
ip_t_ch_tq_add (Activation time for CAT heating function 'IGA')
ip_t_ch_tq_add_is (Activation time for CAT heating function 'IGA at first idle phases')
If you completely remove your lower O2 sensors from the car you can turn off the diagnostics and heating functions:
lc_lsh_down_1 (Boolean variable to enable oxygen sensor heating)
lc_lsh_down_2 (Boolean variable to enable oxygen sensor heating)
lc_inh_ls_down_man_deac (Manual deactivation of downstream oxygen sensor diagnosis)
These will prevent the car from triggering an SES light and as far as the car is concerned it will be happy, but may or may not allow you to pass emissions testing in your state. Each state has different requirements.
You can force catalyst readiness by changing "switch to set the fault of the CAL data ROM test inactive" to 1. At the next engine start, the catalyst monitor should show readiness
lc_ls_cat_diag_cdn_man_act (switch to set the fault of the CAL data ROM test inactive)

Second
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Secondary Air Pump
The SAP can be prevented from ever turning on by zero'ing out the "Time delay to terminate SA function" table:
ip_t_sa_off_0 (Time delay to terminate SA function)
There is also a ip_t_sa_off_1 table, but it does not appear to be used by the DME.
These parameters also disable diagnostics of the SAP and prevent the car from showing the SAP in its learned variants:
lc_inh_sa_man_deac = 1 (Manual deactivation of SA diagnosis inhibition conditions)
lc_inh_safm_man_deac = 1 (Constant to switch of the inhibition (=1))
lc_sa_swi_acq = 0 (whether to use model or SAFM, 1 uses SAFM, 0 uses model)
lc_sap_det_di = 0 (disable flag for auto learning of SAP)

Third
Speed Limiter
Speed limiter is controlled by "Vehicle speed limitation threshold":
c_vs_max (Vehicle speed limitation threshold)
Set this to 255 to have unrestricted vehicle speed

Fourth
Exhaust Flap
Switch MT and AT to
50.0 | 39.8 | 30.1 | 19.9 | 0.0
704 | 2080 | 2212 | 3200 | 3232

Fifth
Thermostat (Mishimoto set for 75C)
Target Coolant Temp
id_tco_sp_ect "75

Six
Fuel ( Notice Power Gain Right A Way!!)
Min Injetcion Time Lim
c_ti_min_thd "1.005 ms from 1 ms"
c_it_min "1.005 ms from 1 ms"
Global Injection time
c_ti_as "1.500 ms from 1 ms"

Seven
O2 Turn Off Rich
" I believe that the sensor is a 0.9 v max so by setting to 1v turns it off. " (Testing Still)
Min
c_lamb_min_ls_act_test_afr = 1
Max
c_lamb_max_ls_act_test_afr = 1
Downstream Voltage
c_cls_down_plaus_afr = 1
Upstream Voltage
c_lamb_plaus_afr = 1

If Any One Has Any Rec Pls Post For Me!
Respectfully Richard C
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LightSpeed on Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renovelo
Site Admin

Re: MS45.1 E46 325i M56 SULEV

Post by Renovelo »

Hey Richard! Welcome to the forums and thanks for your contribution!
100percentjake

Re: MS45.1 E46 325i M56 SULEV

Post by 100percentjake »

I don't know enough to understand what they are or why, but the fuel injector tables are totally different on my ZHP and putting those values in resulted in massive negative fuel trims.