Turbo zhp ms45.1 idle help

Get detailed info on tuning your OBD2 DME
Az-Joe520

Turbo zhp ms45.1 idle help

Post by Az-Joe520 »

I need help my car starts fine but a couple secs after I start it the rpms drop real low and the starts idling fine then drops again anyone know how to fix this? It started doing it after I fixed a vacuum leak if that helps at all
Renovelo
Site Admin

Re: Turbo zhp ms45.1 idle help

Post by Renovelo »

I'm not sure we can help, but can you provide more information about your setup? Are you running the stock MAF? What have you changed in the tune so far? Are you able to monitor A/F ratio during this period? Can you provide any data logs that show more details of what's happening?
Az-Joe520

Post by Az-Joe520 »

What peramiters would I need to data log?
Renovelo
Site Admin

Post by Renovelo »

Anything that could affect the engine idle (ignition angle, fuel injector duration, fuel pressure, throttle setpoint, O2 sensor readings, battery voltage, EGR valve, idle air controller status, VANOS, MAF, etc.). You're looking for something which is causing this to happen.

Also, is the DME triggering any DTCs when this happens? It may not illuminate the CEL, so read them after the engine dies.

You haven't mentioned if your engine/tune have been modified or not, so it's difficult for anybody to know where to begin helping you.