MS43 tuning OBD2

Need help getting started with ByteTuner?
jdjg

MS43 tuning OBD2

Post by jdjg »

hi, when are you gonna sell a OBD2 tuning software? I wan to tune my MS43 DME in to my BMW

regards
Last edited by jdjg on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Renovelo
Site Admin

Re: MS43 tuning OBD2

Post by Renovelo »

We do not purchase any of the software we sell. All of our software is developed by us. We're currently in the process of developing our OBD2 tuning tools, but we do not have an estimated launch date yet. Stay 'tuned' though! We will definitely support MS43 in the future.
jdjg

Post by jdjg »

Renovelo wrote:We do not purchase any of the software we sell. All of our software is developed by us. We're currently in the process of developing our OBD2 tuning tools, but we do not have an estimated launch date yet. Stay 'tuned' though! We will definitely support MS43 in the future.
Hi, sorry, a terrible typo mistake, yes I mean sell, not buy...
Hope that OBD2 tuning tools gonna be as easy like your OBD1 tuning tools!!!

thanks for the respond and correction....
collin.patricelli

Post by collin.patricelli »

I’ve been attempting to set up an ignition cut rev limiter for a while now using various techniques, but I reamain unsuccessful. It appears that the rev limiter parameters in the DME alter a fuel cut limiter, and those are not much fun to terrorize the neighborhood with. I tried using the ignition timing tables and retarding the timing as far back as it’ll go (23.6 degrees after TDC) but that didn’t stop the engine from revving, just slowed it way down. If anyone has any secret knowledge on this matter, I would love to know, but if ignition cut rev limiters are not possible to set up on these DME’s then I guess I’ll stick with what I got presently.
collin.patricelli

Also, what is the highest RPM limit to safely implement on a M54B30 with a stock valve train? I've seen some people who have set it for 7000 on ZHP's. I don't have a ZHP but I've had the rev limiter at 7000 for 6 months now with no noticeable issue and hundreds of pulls right up to the 7000 rpm limiter. At this point, its probably too late to go back, but in case a valve gets bent, or something else due to lifters failing, what would be safe to set the limiter in the future when im less stupid and not so enthralled by rowdy tunes demanding pulls up to redline?
Renovelo
Site Admin

Post by Renovelo »

Most aftermarket performance tunes stop at ~6800 or ~7000rpm on the stock valve train. Only on built engines (usually for racing purposes) do you see this go up to 7200rpm. Ultimately it's up to you on how much risk you want to take.
collin.patricelli

Thanks for that info, its nice to know that im not overdoing it with the RPM's. So is there any way to set up an ignition cut with the MS43 or does one have to buy an aftermarket ignition cut module to do so?
Renovelo
Site Admin

Post by Renovelo »

We have no idea if this is possible to enforce over the fuel cut somehow using only the parameter space.