Fatal error when attempting to open any tune

Report a bug with ByteTuner
collin.patricelli

Fatal error when attempting to open any tune

Post by collin.patricelli »

The bug which I currently am brawling with is not the first bug I've had with bytetuner in the most recent while. Actually I had a major bug with the v0.5.0 update of bytetuner last week (on the 14th of August) where after roughly a month of success with the newest version, bytetuner decided it never wanted me to drive my car again, and tried to do so by crashing in the middle of re-flashing the DME (MS 43). I tried again several times with different tunes to make sure it was not just a corrupted tune, but no, the repeated crashing was due to bytetuner itself. The car wouldn't start after the incomplete re-flashes. I ended up having to resort to an older version of bytetuner (v0.4.5) to successfully re-flash the car, and thank goodness the DME didn't get ruined from the incomplete re-flash. So that is my first bug to report. Fix that so nobody else suffers from being stranded with a car not running and in worst case scenarios a destroyed motherboard in the DME.

The next bug I have to report might be a computer issue on my end. Its possible some underground operations in my computer are meddling with my fun, but between when bytuner was working fine on the 15th of august to when it wasn't anymore on the 16th and I started getting these error messages, I had not downloaded or deleted any applications. This particular bug began two days ago after previous versions of bytetuner functioning just fine. When I try to open up any tune, whether i be one of my own or a stock tune which came with the software, on both the most recent version of bytuner as well as with previous versions of bytetuner, I get two fatal error messages and the tune refuses to open up. So now I cant tune at all but at least the car runs now because bytetuner worked again for two days before bedumbing itself. Why cant it just work?! Anyways, please someone read this message and fix this bug.

P.S. I use windows 10.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
collin.patricelli

Re: Fatal error when attempting to open any tune

Post by collin.patricelli »

Update: v1.6.0 has the same fatal error thingy. Very annoyed.
Renovelo
Site Admin

Post by Renovelo »

Again, we apologize for just now seeing these. We have not been getting notified of new posts recently. We'll start digging into this fatal error and report back soon.
Renovelo
Site Admin

Post by Renovelo »

Can you email us the *.dme2 file which was causing these two fatal errors? We'll see if we can debug on our side.