Other Bin can be convert in DTS format -Bimmerforum question

Need help getting started with DTS?
Meilleur102

Other Bin can be convert in DTS format -Bimmerforum question

Post by Meilleur102 »

So this is a pretty good question.

I anwsers with my basic knowlage of the DTS product but maybee we can have a better anwsers here!!

QUOTE FROM BIMMERFORUM
carwiz008 wrote:
I might try this, are there any videos of the live trace?

Can I make changes to a modified bin I already have?

Meilleur102 Wrote:
For the video i'm on the project with Renovelo for doing a series of video (From the install to all the tabs)
Ill receive my copy in about 2 week max so Ill jump on the project.

For the BIN according to Renovelo the DTS (Domino Tuning Software) will read only a particular file.
This is exactly the point of this chip.

Jeff want to verify all the file before it's on the web site to be sure these's no error on the file.
This is the major problem with the open source like TunerPro.

I think in my personal opinion it's the best thing he can do.
When you pay to have a chip you don't want to have some problem with a Bin file or something like that.

What's your ECU?
If it's a ECU that's support by Renovelo just start a topic on the forum and ask.
He anwsers pretty fast and maybee he will be able to transfert your bin into the DTS format!!

Ill start a thread on the renovelo forum with this particular situation.
Just create a account and you will be able to ask all your question

This is the thread!
Stey Tuned!

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showt ... st28375838
Renovelo
Site Admin

Re: Other Bin can be convert in DTS format -Bimmerforum ques

Post by Renovelo »

Yeah, we figured this question would come up a lot! We touched on it a bit in our FAQ Section.

This all depends on the hardware format of your existing aftermarket tune. If your current tune is found simply on an EEPROM, then yes, the Domino Tuning Suite will be able to modify it. However, if your existing tune requires an encryption chip between the EEPROM and the DME, or if your tune is on something other than a standard 28-pin EEPROM (i.e. 27SF512), then DTS will not be able to modify it.

I will add that there are several techniques that could be used to protect the information on an aftermarket tune. I won't get into the details here, but if any of these techniques were applied by the original tuner, then DTS may not be able to correctly read the tune.

So to put it simply, I would not buy DTS hoping that it can be used to modify your existing aftermarket tune. We didn't create DTS for this purpose and we don't advocate ripping off other tuners with our product!